Board of Trustees
My name is Mark Williams. I have been on the board since 2015 and board chair since 2016, I have Matilda at Rewa Rewa School and my son Aston is a past student.
During my time on the board, we have accomplished some significant milestones, such as;
- Refurbishment of our school swimming pool and securing an ongoing contract with EasySwim for operation
- Welcoming the Wellington RTLB Service (Resource Teaching Learning Behavior) onsite
- Extensive remodelling of our learning spaces
- Exterior painting of all of our buildings
- Installation of a fantastic new adventure playground
Whilst these are big ticket items, we also focus on:
- Working with the principal and consulting with staff, students and the community
- Setting educational goals and the strategic direction of the school
- Monitoring progress and informing parents on how the school is progressing against its annual targets and on the development of students
- Deciding how the school’s funding will be spent
- Being actively involved in interviewing for staff positions and the development of all staff
- Overseeing the management of staff, property, finances, curriculum and administration
As a parent, you can assist us by:
- Bringing your work/life experiences to assist with projects around our school
- Joining the Home & School Parent Committee to assist with fundraising and events
- Assisting with morning and/or afternoon Road Patrol
I welcome any questions you may have.
My wife Megan and I have two children, Aston, who has just left Rewa Rewa to attend intermediate and Matilda at Rewa Rewa. I am proud to have been a member of the Rewa Rewa School Board of Trustees since 2015 and Chairperson since 2016. I enjoy being part of the Board, as it allows me to work with other passionate parents, bringing to the table the skills that I have to contribute, as best as I can, to further our school and our student’s potential.
I joined the Board at Rewa Rewa School mid-2013 as the Fundraising Co-ordinator when my eldest son started at Rewa Rewa School and I now have Lucas in year 2. I enjoy seeing the real difference that we, as a community, can make within the school. It has been a learning experience to see all the time and effort that goes into making our school the best little school in Newlands. We have an amazing school that encourages our children to grow in their learning environment.
My oldest son went through his entire primary schooling at Rewa Rewa School and now my other two are following in his footsteps. With so much committed to this School, I am privileged to be serving on the Board. It excites me to see all the marvellous changes and development that the school is going through. I am honoured to be part of team that is growing future-focused, lifelong learners at Rewa Rewa School.
My child Brooklyn (year 4) currently attends Rewa Rewa School and I have been on the BOT since 2013. I enjoy being a parent representative and helping to make Rewa Rewa the amazing school that it is! Like all parents, I want the best for our children. I believe every child should have the opportunity to achieve their unique potential! I like using the skills and experience I have to give back to the community by supporting and developing Rewa Rewa School. Education is critical to our children’s future and Rewa Rewa is a great school with many unique attributes. I firmly believe in the education, social and cultural environment it provides.